Our China law and investment lawyers have acted for Hong Kong, Asian, US and European multinational companies in structuring, negotiating and documenting investment projects in Mainland China.
Our China law and investment lawyers’ extensive experience includes:
- briefing clients on the Chinese legal environment (particularly China’s foreign investment laws and regulations) and providing assistance in location and partner selection for prospective projects
- assisting clients in negotiations with prospective partners and government authorities
- preparing, in Chinese and English, legal documents such as memoranda of understanding, joint venture contracts, articles of association, transfer of technology agreements, trademark licences
- liaising with the client’s Chinese partner and relevant government authorities on the approval process
- capital restructuring of existing joint ventures
- assisting Chinese enterprises and the China operations of multinational companies with debt and equity funding raising in capital markets
- raising capital through the spin-off of China operations
- identifying and resolving China legal issues in cross-border transactions
Projects includes the following sectors: dairy products, biscuits, beer, food sauces and condiments, frozen snack foods, mineral water, household detergent, footwear, flavours and fragrances, building materials, industrial use film, toll roads, power plants, multiple-use property and hotel development, golf course development and hearing aids.
Our lawyers have vast experience in transactions involving Mainland China enterprises, and are fluent in both Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese) and English.