Direct Dial: (852) 3582 3286
Mobile: (852) 5332 3286
- Bachelor of Laws, King’s College London
- Hong Kong SAR
- England & Wales
Clinton Tsang focuses on complex commercial litigation. His wide-ranging practice and experience include shareholder disputes, contentious insolvency matters which include multi-jurisdiction asset tracing and recovery claims, regulatory investigations and contentious employment disputes.
Clinton frequently advises liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy on all aspects of liquidation and bankruptcy matters. Clinton is recognised as a “next generation lawyer” in the restructuring and insolvency category of the Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Clinton also frequently advises financial institutions on regulatory matters and is one of the contributing authors of Sweet & Maxwell’s Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571): Commentary and Annotations.
Prior to joining our firm, Clinton practiced at an international firm for around ten years.
- Advising and representing a bank on an application for appointment of provisional liquidators and mareva injunction in relation to default of convertible bonds
- Advising and representing liquidators on claims against former directors for breach of fiduciary duties, misappropriation of assets and knowing receipt
- Advising a bank on appointment of receivers over charged assets of debtor company and recovery proceedings in multiple jurisdictions
- Advising and representing an investment fund on court appointed receivership
- Advising and representing distributing banks in relation to HKMA, SFC and CCB investigations arising from the collapse of Lehman Minibonds
- Advising banks on mis-selling claims and HKMA queries
- Advising and representing a subsidiary of a HK listed company to claim for loss sustained from the supply of defect goods
- Advising and representing a HK listed company in defending a claim by the world’s largest asset manager in relation to a mistake in exercise of convertible bonds worth over RMB 100m
- Advising and representing main operating subsidiary of a HK listed company in defending a claim by a former employee alleging a breach of oral agreement for 10% shareholding in the company
- Advising a former director of HKMEx in relation to the legal implications and regulatory investigations of the HKMEx collapse
- Advising and representing a leading PRC telecom company in defending a breach of contract claim
- Advising and representing a HK listed company and its subsidiaries in defending and eventually settling multiple litigations commenced by liquidators for unfair preference
- Advising and defending a PRC company in relation to the enforcement of US Judgment for over US$100m for alleged breach of intellectual property infringement and also being subject of mareva injunction order and delivery-up order.