Direct Dial: (852) 3582 3212
Mobile: (852) 9098 8975
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Peking, China
- Hong Kong SAR
Conrad Chan is a founding partner of our firm. Before founding our firm, Conrad was a partner of an international firm for 10 years and has been regularly participating in IPOs and M&As at various levels and complexities.
Conrad specialises in advising on cross-border mergers and acquisitions (public and private), private equity transactions, insolvency / corporate workouts and debt restructuring, listings and public offerings, capital markets transactions (debt and equity), securities regulatory compliance / investigation, joint ventures and other commercial transactions across various jurisdictions. He frequently acts for and advises multinational, China, Southeast Asia and Hong Kong enterprises and financial institutions on a wide range of matters. He is regularly rated as one of the leading lawyers in the areas of Capital Markets, Corporate / M&A and Private Equity.
He has extensive experience across a wide variety of industry sectors including financial services and funds, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, TMT, real estate, mining, energy and natural resources, and trading, retail and manufacturing.
Conrad is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer in many different areas, some of which are:
- “Leading Lawyer, China, Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based (International Firms)”, Chambers Global, 2014)
- “Leading Lawyer, Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based”, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2013
- ”Leading Lawyer, Capital markets – equity”, IFLR1000, 2013
- “Leading Lawyer, Mergers & Acquisitions”, IFLR1000, 2013
- “Leading Lawyer, Private Equity”, IFLR1000, 2013
- “Leading lawyer, Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability”, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2012
Conrad is currently a member of the Takeovers and Mergers Panel, and of the Takeovers Appeals Committee of the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong (SFC). He also sits on the Solicitors’ Disciplinary Tribunal and is the Vice-Chair of the Banking, Finance & Securities Committee of Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA).
- China Nuclear Industry – takeover bid for Tack Hsin
- Fong’s Industries – disposal of 37.7% voting rights for about HK$1,039 million to a State-Owned Enterprise
- Forebase International Holdings Limited – issue of the 13% senior guaranteed secured notes due 2014 with aggregate principal amount of up to US$15 million to a subsidiary of CCBI
- Frasers – privatisation of Frasers by way of a scheme of arrangement for approximately HKD546 million and a takeover bid of Frasers for approximately HKD1,343 million
- Hidili Industry International Development Limited – acquisition of 100% equity interest in Panzhihua City Huixing Industry and Commercial Co., Ltd and Panzhihua City Luhuan Industry and Commercial Co., Ltd
- ICBC International Investment Management Limited – Investment by ICBCI into Prosperity International (H.K.) Limited by way of two secured fixed-coupon convertible notes
- Hidili Industry International Development Limited – disposal of a coal mine in Guizhou, China to Guizhou Fenjinyuan Mining Co., Ltd and Panxian Qingyuan Coal Mine Co., Ltd, both PRC companies, by an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Hidili Industry International Development Limited, which constituted a major transaction by Hidili Industry International Development Limited
- Kwang Sung Electronics – acquisition of a controlling stake in Kwang Sung for about HKD161 million, and a mandatory general offer for about HKD138 million
- L&A International Holdings Limited – listing by way of private placement on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange
- Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc. – listing of overseas listed foreign shares by way of introduction on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange via conversion of Shenzhen-listed B shares into Hong Kong-listed H shares
- Shell Electric – a voluntary general offer of all its shares by China Overseas Land for over HK$2,600 million