Direct Dial: (852) 3582 3287
Mobile: (852) 5332 3287
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Economics, Queen’s University, Canada
- CPE, University of Westminster, UK
- Hong Kong SAR
- England & Wales (non-practising)
Penelope focuses in the establishment and structuring of private investment funds, with a particular emphasis on hedge funds and private equity funds.
She also has in-depth legal experience advising on classified funds, QFII and RQFII funds. Indeed her extensive practice experience in providing legal leadership advice to such clients also extends to advising on legal issues concerning marketing, on-going regulatory, compliance, side letters, ISDA and prime brokerage agreements. As a matter of course, she has advised some of the largest asset managers in Hong Kong, China and Singapore on funds formation and restructuring, and on private placement regulation in relevant jurisdictions.
Further, Penelope carries substantial experience from working with top-tier law firms, both onshore and offshore, which has equipped her with first class knowledge in her chosen field.
- Acted for the Hong Kong subsidiary of a PRC trust company to establish various private equity property funds and a fund of funds
- Acted for a Chinese bank in a take-private private equity transaction
- Acted for a Hong Kong fund manager to establish an open-ended fund and assisted with a debt securitization transaction
- Acted for a Chinese asset manager in Hong Kong to establish a classified fund with tiered return arrangement
- Acted for a limited partner to negotiate a limited partnership agreement to invest in an offshore private equity fund