Kwok Yih & Chan (the “Firm”) has adopted a set of information management guidelines to demonstrate our firm’s commitment to privacy. These guidelines disclose the information gathering and dissemination policies for the www.kyclaw.com web site (the “Site”). These guidelines have been developed with the recognition that Internet technologies are rapidly evolving, and that underlying business models are still not established. Accordingly, these guidelines are subject to change. Any such changes will be posted on this page.
Neither the Firm nor its partners are responsible for the content or the privacy policies of web sites to which the Site may link.
What information does the Firm gather and/or track about you?
- Registration: the Firm does not currently require registration for access to the Site.
- Cookies: the Firm does not currently employ cookies in connection with the Site.
- IP Addresses: the Firm logs IP addresses of visitors for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (Your IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet.) We do not log IP addresses to track your session, nor do we link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
- Credit Card Information: the Firm does not currently collect credit card information through the Site.
- E-mail Address: When a visitor submits an inquiry or comment through a form available on the Site, the Firm logs and retains the visitor’s e-mail address.
What does the Firm do with the information it gathers and/or tracks?
- Statistical Analysis: the Firm may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site (for development purposes). Personal information about you as an individual visitor will not be provided to any third party, except when we have your permission.
- E-mail: Using the e-mail addresses provided when a visitor submits an inquiry or comment, the Firm may contact you regarding your inquiry or comment. The Firm may also send e-mail to its visitors about services offered by the Firm. Many of our visitors find these e-mail promotions valuable. If you prefer not to receive promotional materials from the Firm, please refer to the “Opting Out” provision below.
- Data Security: To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, ensure the appropriate use of information and protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online.
With whom does the Firm share the information it gathers and/or tracks?
The Firm does not release personal information about you as an individual to third parties, except when we have your permission. The Firm will provide you with all of your personal information gathered through the Site upon written request.
A special note about children viewing the Site
The Site is not intended for children, and we ask that minors not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you may use the Site only in conjunction with a parent or guardian. The Firm does not knowingly send e-mails to children or collect information from children. We ask that minors not submit any personal information to us.
Opting-out, corrections and cancellations
Upon request, the Firm will (a) remove you and your personal information from our databases; (b) correct personal information that you state is erroneous; or (c) permit you to “opt out” of further e-mail contact. To request a correction or cancellation, or if you have any questions concerning this privacy statement or our information gathering and dissemination practices, please email us.
Reference of person
The term “you” refers to each individual user of this Site and, if applicable to your use, your employer or firm.
To help us provide information that is useful and interesting to you, the system automatically collects certain information about when you open an e-mail, to whom you forward our e-mails, and when you click on one or more links within the e-mail. We may combine information gathered by the system with other information that you have previously provided. If you wish to review the information about you in our records, please send us a request.